Distance: Approx. 35 km from Tortoli (40 minutes drive)
Opening period: April to October
How to find us:
- From Tortoli take the main road SS125 South to Cardedu, continue following signs to Jerzu. Continue until the roundabout at the edge of Jerzu where you take the second exit almost double backing on yourself, following signs to Ulassai. Just before entering Ulassai turn left following signs to "Grotta Su Marmuri", the road climbs and winds it way up, avoiding the town center. Continue through and up following the signs to Su Marmuri until arriving at the parking area and Restaurant.
- The cave's impressive entrance leads to sturdy gangways that navigate their way through the spectacular caverns, past underground springs and enormous rock formations naturally cultivated over millions of years. This cave is genuinely spell-binding.
- An excellent bar and restaurant are available en site. Set menus are from €30. Groups of 20 people or more are offered the same €30 set menu but at a discounted €27.
- Cave tour and lunch combo available (11:00 cave & 13:00 lunch)
- Cave tour and dinner combo available (19:30 Cave & 21:00 dinner)
- Antipasti misti: prosciutto, guanciale, salsiccia, olive, peperoni e melanzane grigliate, funghi soot'olio e carciofini (ham, pork cheek, sausage, olives, grilled peppers and aubergine, mushroom and artichoke in olive oil)
- Primi piatti: Culurgiones e Malloreddus (local pasta dishes)
- Secondi piatti: Carne arrosto cucinate allo spiedo: porchetto, capra o pecora (choice of spit-roasted meats: pork, goat or sheep)
- Contorni: Insalata mista e pecorino (side dish of mixed salad and sheep's milk cheese)
- Dessert: Dolci Sardi (typical Ogliastran and Sardinian sweets and cakes)
- Bevande: Vino " Cannonau" di produzione propria, acqua, caffè, digestivo della casa (Drinks included: Local Cannonau wines, water, coffee, small strong local liquor)
- Cave length approx. 1Km
- Average height of cave 35m
- Cave temperature approx. 10° C
- Regular daily guided tours
- Restaurant and bar available
- Ample parking available
- Night tours are available for group bookings
*Please be aware that entry to this cave is preceded by a steep five minute walk uphill and upon entry many steps lead you down to the actual gangways inside the cave.
For more information and reservations please do not hesitate to contact STS
The service of STS is of no extra cost to the customer