How to get there:
- From the south take the main raod SS125 north to Tortoli, continue past Tortoli and approx. 2.5km take the turning for Girasole.
- From Nuoro take the main road SS389 to Lanusei, upon entering Lanusei take the SS198to Tortoli, from Tortoli turn left onto the SS125 (north to Dorgali) for approx. 2.5km until the turning for Girasole.
- Small town situated between Lotzorai and Tortoli, close to the sea, with friendly and unfussy amenities. The beach is peaceful and spacious and offers views of the boats entering and exiting the nearby port of Arbatax. The Little Island of Ogliastra is situated only 3km from the beach and is great for bird watching and snorkelling. Ogliastra's finest gokarting track is only 3km from the town heading inland.
Points of interest:
- L'Isola d'Ogliastra - The Little Island of Ogliastra
- La Marina di Girasole (beaches)
- Kartodromo Arenadas