Santa Maria Navarrese - Lotzorai - Girasole - Cala Moresca - Bay of Porto Frailis - Bay of San Gemiliano
- Santa Maria Navarrese: A series of sandy and stoney beaches in a pretty environment with clear medium depth waters. Rocks around the nearby Tower of Santa Maria Navarrese offer good snorkelling opportunities. Easy access by car with ample parking. Refreshment areas available. The local marina offers boating opportunities and chartered passenger motorcruisers.
- Lotzorai: Long sandy beach with shallow to medium depth waters. Rocks to the north end offer best interest for snorkelling as does the Little Island of Ogliastra which sits almost 1.3km and from the shore. Refreshment areas are available and there is ample parking. Best access is by car as the beach is almost 2km from the town centre. Small peddle boats are for hire from the beach and are the safest option if you want to go to the Little Island of Ogliastra without a proper boat.
- Girasole: Long sandy beach with shallow to medium depth waters. A peaceful beach for those who like to read or simply do nothing whilst enjoying the good weather. A good place for boat-spotters as the port of Arbatax is approx. 2km to the south. Refreshment area available and there is ample parking. Best access is by car as the town center is roughly 2.5km away.
- Cala Moresca: A small stoney beach with clear shallow waters, generally calm because of the rising rocky terrain enveloping the pretty bay. Access on foot follows a series of stone steps leading down to the beach. Parking above the cove is limited although the port of Arbatax offers ample parking and is within walking distance of the cove (15 minutes). There are no refreshment areas at the beach but there are plenty in nearby Arbatax. Because the beach is small, space is limited so arriving early is recommended.
- Bay of Porto Frailis: Small friendly beach with clear shallow waters. Extending rock both ends of the beach offers both wind protection and great snorkelling oportunities. Easy access by bicycle and car although parking is a little limited. Refreshment area is close by. The nearby Tower of San Gemiliano offers fantastic panoramic views of several miles of coastline.
- Bay of San Gemiliano: A medium sized sandy beach with clear medium depth waters. Sea-bed rock and foliage twenty metres from the shore make this an ideal place for snorkelling. Although the north end is occupied by residents of a beach-side hotel, space is ample and there is easy access to the underwater rockage. Access by bicycle or car. The local bus service runs from the nearby Bay of Porto Frailis (15 minutes walk). There is ample parking beside the refreshment area adjacent to the beach. The nearby Tower of San Gemiliano offers fantastic panoramic views of several miles of coastline.