How to get there:
- From the south take the main road SS125 north to Tortoli, continue past Tortoli and its neighbouring towns of Girasole and Lotzorai. Upon exting Lotzorai the road for Santa Maria Navarrese is only 600m on the right hand side. Very easy to find.
- From Nuoro take the SS389 to Lanusei, upon entering Lanusei take the SS198 east to Tortoli, from there head north on the SS125 following signs to Baunei and Dorgali, continue past Tortoli's neighbouring towns of Girasole and Lotzorai. Upon exting Lotzorai the road for Santa Maria Navarrese is only 600m on the right hand side. Very easy to find.
- Coming under the juristiction of Baunei, this pretty little coastal town is well taken care of and boasts its own marina, tower and beaches. Because of its closeness to both the sea and explorable land many consider Santa Maria Navarrese to be the perfect holiday spot. Nearby is the phenominal natural abyss of Su Sterru and the nature trails to Perda Longa, Cala Goloritzè and Cala Sisine. This town also has one of the oldest living trees in all of Europe, the Olivastro, which is said to be almost 2000 years old.
Points of interest:
- The plains of Golgo
- Marina of Santa Maria Navarrese
- The Tower of Santa Maria Navarrese
- The Olivastra (old olive tree)
- Bicycle Hire
- Pedra Longa