How to get there:
- From the south take the main road SS125 north to Cardedu, then head west towards Jerzu for approx. 1.5km and turn right before the bridge over the river, following signs to Lanusei, continue on this road climbing up and to the left of Loceri. DO NOT turn right to Loceri.
- From Nuoro take the main road SS389 following signs to Lanusei, continue ahead when the road becmes the SS198 until you arrive in Lanusei. This is very straight forward.
- The second largest town in Ogliastra, Lanusei is considered one of the capitals of the region. It sits at more than 600m above sea level facing east towards the Mediteranean. The Little Green Train runs through the town and offers transfers to many parts of Ogliastra. The beautiful Woods of Selene, with itsn archeological nuragic site, is nearby and is one of many nuragic sites in the area. Lanusei also houses its own space observatory.
Points of interest:
- Station for the Little Green Train
- Astronomical Observatory
- The Woods and Park of Selene
- Nuraghe Selene