How to get there:
- From the south take the main road SS125 north to Tortoli, continue past Tortoli, Girasole, through Lotzorai, past Santa Maria Navarrese and ascend the mountain road until arriving at Baunei. Very easy to get to.
- From Nuoro take the SS129 east towards Orosei, turn right onto the SP38 at La Traversa following signs to Dorgali. Take the SS125 upon entering Dorgali and continue south until reaching Baunei. Although quite a long journey it is a beautiful route.
- Baunei sits on the side of the rising mount of Golgo's high plataeu offering fantastic views of Ogliastra. Access to Pedra Longa, Cala Goloritzè and Cala Sisine is available and the nature trails preceding them make for enjoyable trekking. The fascinating natural sinkhole Su Sterru is nearby aswell.
Points of interest:
- Pedra Longa
- Cala Goloritzè
- Su Porteddu - Restaurant and Bar
- Cala Sisine
- Punta Salinas
- The high plains of Golgo
- Su Sterru - the natural sink hole
- The Golgo Donkeys