How to get there:
- From the south take the main road SS125 north to Tortoli until arriving at Cardedu, very easy to find.
- From Nuoro take the main road SS398 then the SS198 following signs to Lanusei. Go through Lanusei and continue ahead following signs to Cardedu, keep on this road until arriving in Cardedu. DO NOT turn left to Loceri upon exiting Lanusei.
- Cardedu is a new town, constructed after the 1950's, and is growing steadily. Its long beaches are popular in the summer and are home to Ogliastra's finest kayak assocciation. There are many smaller, picturesque bays to the south. The area also offers the opportunity to trek Mount Arista and visit the ancient Domus de Janas (House of the Fairies). The area has many vineyards and its own winery which can be visited by appointment. A cheese factory and olive press are also in the vicinity.
Points of interest:
- La Marina di Gairo / La Marina di Cardedu
- Caseificio - The local Cheese Factory
- Frantoio - The local Olive Press
- Kayaking Association
- 29th JUNE - Festival of Saint Paolo